Work with Pages and understanding Art Journaling

October 23, 2010

Sunday Perfect Breakfast!


























Today is Saturday! I know.... but since this morning I'm craving French Toasts!! So I started to look in to my stack of recipes..as I wanted to eat Nice, Good and Toasty French Toast..but didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen or buy half of the supermarket on crazy ingredients! So I was able to find one of my old recipes..but now I made it more simple and delish!! Try it!! and let me know!

Ingredients

  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 8 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 8 large croissants, halved (or country loaf, brioche or challah)
  • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 6 ripe bananas, halved crosswise and lengthwise
  • 1 teaspoon rum extract

Directions

In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, cream, and cinnamon. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Dip 4 croissant halves in egg mixture to coat both sides. Using a fork, remove croissants from egg mixture, letting excess mixture drip off. Place croissant halves in hot skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining butterand croissant halves. Set aside and keep warm.

In a large skillet, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrupand pecans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add banana halves and rum extract. Coat with the syrup mixture, and simmer 1 minute. Spoon over French toast. Serve immediately.

Cheers,
Jackie :)

No comments:

look for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...