Work with Pages and understanding Art Journaling

May 06, 2008

Inspiration is Everywhere!

You don't have to be Ali Edwards to come up with inspiration for your scrapbook pages ideas that reflect your personal style.

Whether you are creating your first Layout (LO) or creating your number 5K, Scrapbooking inspiration and ideas can be found in all sorts of places! You don't have to have a degree in design, photography or any other thing - to create awe-inspiring and incredible pages to preserve your memories. Successful scrapbooking comes from knowing what you like and what works for you, experimenting with what you don’t know, and don't be afraid to try new things. For example take a look to these flowers…they come from a web-site, but as soon as I look at them ...1000 of ideas came to my mind for new pages and endless combinations of colors!
Now there are some fundamentals that you must remember...like Journaling. Journaling on a scrapbook page is an important element in the scrapbook process. It tells the story and the details that will otherwise be forgotten. Sometimes I get stuck, though. What should I write? What do I want to write? At these times I look for journaling inspiration. It's often easier to find than I realize. I encounter many things in my daily life that can lead to a good journaling idea.
Here are a few places to find inspiration:

Advertising. Look around you. The sales pitch for an advertisement can spark an idea for journaling on a layout. For example, I noticed a clever tag line on a Whole Foods grocery bag. With a few changes in the wording I adapted it for a layout. Phrases in Magazines, TV adds, books, even at the supermarket!

Now look around, in sure you will find that inspiration you are looking for!

No comments:

look for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...