Work with Pages and understanding Art Journaling

September 15, 2017

Monoprinting in Art Journaling

MonoPrinting is not something new...or Gellli Plate art a many of better now...this art is very old and it originates from the good old days of printing (screen printing) 

Monoprinting is a form of printmaking that has lines or images that can only be made once, unlike most printmaking, where there are multiple originals. There are many techniques of monoprinting. Examples of standard printmaking techniques which can be used to make monoprints include lithography, woodcut, and etching...

But we in art journaling have taken this next level adding layes of colors, silhouettes, shapes and tones of imagination.. 
I use my gel plate creations for so many things, including creating quick backgrounds on things like paper, tags, envelopes and fabric.

For my page this week, I used the Gelli® plate to create a background on a piece of newsprint paper and then I glued it to the base of my journal page. I followed up with doodles, stencils, stickers and scribbles and here how it looks! :)



Cheers, 
Jackie :)

No comments:

look for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...